Ewha Womans University
Sep 2019 – Aug 2021
MS in System Health and Engineering Convergence, GPA: 4.10 / 4.30
- Thesis title: “Potential upstream regulatory factors of AlkB homolog 5 (ALKBH5) for multipotent stem cell differentiation”
- Committee: Kwang Suk Ko (chair), Anders Lindroth, Yoon Jung Park
Ewha Womans University
Mar 2015 – Aug 2019
BS in Nutritional Science & Food Management, GPA: 3.91 / 4.30
- magna cum laude, Dean’s list for six semesters
Ewha Womans University, NutriEpigenomics Lab, Seoul, Korea 2019 – 2021
Laboratory Research: “The correlation between nutrient and nucleic acid methylase”
- Investigated the impact of an RNA demethylase on cell differentiation using gene overexpression and knockdown.
- Produced plasmid constructs for gene overexpression or knockout through various cloning technologies.
- Analyzed publicly available data and explored biological pathways involved in cell differentiation.
- Assisted animal research tasks including rat care, management, anesthesia, and blood collection.
- Worked in a BSL-2 laboratory.
Ewha Womans University Mokdong Hospital, Seoul, KoreaAug – Nov 2020
Clinical Research: “Development and validation of healthy meal for menopausal middle-aged women”
- Estimated sample size based on similar published studies using G*Power software.
- Recruited clinical research participants.
- Human and animal cell culture
- Gene expression analysis: DNA/RNA isolation, RT-PCR/qRT-PCR
- Cloning: Gateway, TOPO, restriction enzyme, ligation independent
- siRNA/miRNA and plasmid DNA transfection
- Lentiviral particle production and titration
- Microarray and RNA-seq data analysis
- Pathway analysis (DAVID, GSEA)
- Motif analysis (HOMER)
- Programming: Linux, R (preprocessCore, gplots)
Languages: Korean (native), English (fluent)
- Cho, J. Y., Choi, S. Y., Choi, M. J., & Park, Y. J. A Role of Alkbh5 at the Early Stage of Cell Differentiation in C2C12 Cells. Poster presented at: NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE; June 2021; online.
- Choi, S. Y., Choi, M. J., Cho, J. Y., & Park, Y. J. Alkbh5, a RNA demethylase, was required for induction of myogenesis in the C2C12 cell model. Poster presented at: 2019 Korean Nutrition Society International Conference; October 2019; Seoul, Korea.
- Choi, S. Y., Cho, J. Y., Park, J., Lindroth, A. M., & Park, Y. J. miR-455-3p-mediated regulation of ALKBH5 in early myogenesis. Manuscript in preparation.
- Cho, J. Y., Choi, S. Y., Choi, M. J., & Park, Y. J. (2021). A Role of Alkbh5 at the Early Stage of Cell Differentiation in C2C12 Cells. Current Developments in Nutrition, 5(Supplement_2), 1204-1204.